DOSWELL, VA. (September 8, 2015) —Get your costumes ready! Planet Snoopy, our 14-acre Peanuts themed children’s area, will be the home to the first annual Great Pumpkin Fest at Kings Dominion. Join us Saturdays and Sundays starting September 26 to celebrate Halloween with fun family activities and live entertainment. Activities during the Great Pumpkin Fest include:
• Woodstock’s Barnyard Pals– Kids will learn and interact with different animals including alpacas, sheep, goats, and miniature horses.
• Sally’s Pumpkin painting patch– Help Sally celebrate Halloween and paint your very own mini pumpkin to take home and enjoy!
• Franklin’s Scarecrow Hollow- Children will enjoy trying to find their way through the twisting turns of this maze made of corn and hay!
• Halloween show and costume parade – Children are encouraged to wear their costumes to the Great Pumpkin Fest and join the PEANUTS gang in a Costume Parade leading up to the PEANUTS Rockin’ Party Show at the Grand Bandstand. The parade begins at Snoopy’s Moon Bounce at 4:45 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
• Van Pelt Derby– Kids can take a break from the city life as they pedal their way through the farm on a miniature tractor.
• Halloween-themed Mad Science – Join us for a unique hands-on science show for kids that is entertaining and educational! Halloween Mad Science will be held on Sundays during the Great Pumpkin Fest.
• Reptile Adventure – Get up close and personal with iguanas, lizards and more during Reptile Adventure! An educational, interactive animal show, held on Saturdays during the Great Pumpkin Fest.
The Great Pumpkin Fest will operate on Saturdays and Sundays from September 26 through October 31 from 12 – 5 p.m. Guests can get the most up-to-date hours of operation by visiting www.kingsdominion.com/daytime. The Great Pumpkin Fest is free with park admission.
Are you excited for a family Halloween event to come to Kings Dominion? Let us know by commenting below and be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter! You can also find us on YouTube, Google+, and Tumblr!