SAN DIEGO (April 21, 2016) —Internationally-inspired food sets sail at SeaWorld® San Diego’s Seven Seas Food Festival kicking off May 7. Waves of flavor will tantalize the taste buds with gourmet offerings created by SeaWorld’s Executive Chef, Axel Dirolf and his expert culinary team. Craft beers along with wines from California will be perfectly paired with deliciously fresh cuisine featuring local, sustainable ingredients and unique signature flavors from around the world.
“I’m excited to share our food festival with park guests for six weekends during the month of May and June,” said Dirolf. “We will be bringing them bold and unique flavors from across the globe. This is an event you won’t want to miss.”
The hub of the food festival will be the California fusion flavors area where guests will not only savor epicurean delights from across the state, but also the sounds of live bands pulled straight from the San Diego music scene. Throughout the park visitors will embark on a global gastronomic voyage without leaving San Diego enjoying diverse flavors from Nuevo Baja, South America, Asia, France, Mediterranean and the Caribbean. New to this year’s food festival will be the Polynesia and Coca-Cola flavors. Each culinary area features architectural facades that will immerse each guest into the cultural landscape of each region.
Some of San Diego’s top craft breweries will again be featured at this year’s food festival: Green Flash, Stone, Alpine, Coronado, Karl Strauss lead a star-studded line up of local craft brewers that continue to gain national and international acclaim for their beers.
Guests will embrace the island-inspired tastes and aromas at the all-new Polynesian Flavors area. This tropical paradise experience will also be complemented with icy mai tais and piña coladas from the new Tiki bar as well as handcrafted ales and lagers at the Maui Brewing Co. beer cart for those thirsting for a more hoppy experience. Immersive Entertainment including high-energy hula and haka performances will have guests dancing with the aloha spirit. Fire dancers will sizzle out the evening and leave guests alight in amazement with blazing performances showing twice nightly.
SeaWorld’s commitment to local sustainable food, recycling, conservation and environmental stewardship will be highlighted in several of the festival areas. Guests will also be invited to relax in the Green Lounge where they will be able to play food and conservation-themed games.
Highlights of Seven Seas Food Festival at SeaWorld San Diego
California to internationally-inspired culinary offerings: With nine different culinary destinations throughout the park, guest will be able to sample more than 50 different mouthwatering food choices! A sampling of the menu items include:
- NEW – Lomi Lomi Salmon at Polynesia Flavors
- NEW – Lava Rock Grilled Oysters at Polynesia Flavors
- NEW – Coca-Cola Flavored Nitrogen Ice Cream at Coca-Cola Flavors
- Cave-Aged Humboldt Fog Cheese at California Flavors
- Seared Diver-Caught Sea Scallop at California Flavors
- Macaroni-Shrimp with Chorizo, Panela Cheese and Chives at California Flavors
- Escargot Maison at the French Flavors
- Thin Nutella Banana Crepe at French Flavors
- “Ya Mon” Jerk Chicken in Scotch Bonnet Chili Sauce at Caribbean Flavors
- Grilled Lamb Slider at Mediterranean Flavors
- Peruvian Ceviche at South American Flavors
- K-Popper Rice Sushi at Asian Flavors
- Oaxaca Spicy Chocolate at Nuevo Baja Flavors
While these flavors and more can be purchased at each location, the best way to experience the Seven Seas Food Festival is with one of three “sampler” packages. Guests will be able to choose their own culinary adventure with up to five food and five drink items from any of the festival’s food locations with the Food and Drink Sampler for $40. New this year is the Wine and Dine Sampler: your choice of five 1-oz. wine samples and five food items, a Seven Seas souvenir glass, and a 10% discount on all merchandise at the California Wine Room for $35. The Food Only Sampler is available for $20. http://bit.ly/SeaWorldSevenSeasSamplers
Meet the Brewers: Beer aficionados will able to interact with the folks that create their favorite craft beers to ask questions, get some home brewing tips or just listen to fun brewing stories.
- Stone Brewing Co. at California Flavors Beer Hub
- Anchor Brewing Company at French Flavors Beer Hub
- Alesmith Brewing Co. at Latin America Flavors Beer Hub
- Green Flash Brewing Co. at California Flavors Beer Hub
- Alpine Beer Company at French Flavors Beer Hub
- Pizza Port Brewing at Latin America Flavors Beer Hub
- Coronado Brewing Co. at California Flavors Beer Hub
- Mike Hess Brewing at French Flavors Beer Hub
- Cerveceria Insurgente Co. at Latin America Flavors Beer Hub
- Lagunitas Brewing Co. at California Flavors Beer Hub
- New Belgium Brewing at French Flavors Beer Hub
- Groundswell Brewing Co. at Latin America Flavors Beer Hub
- Saint Archer Brewing Co. at California Flavors Beer Hub
- Belching Beaver at French Flavors Beer Hub
- Karl Strauss Brewing Co. at Latin America Flavors Beer Hub
- Firestone Walker Brewing Co. at California Flavors Beer Hub
- Ballast Point Brewing & Spirits at French Flavors Beer Hub
- Mother Earth Brewing Co. at Latin America Flavors Beer Hub
Wine Offerings: Wine lovers won’t want to miss learning about their favorite varietals from the experts at the California Wine Tasting Room and the new French Wine Boutique. Guests will be able to uncork questions, learn just what tannins are and decide which vintage best suits their taste buds. New this year, visitors can take the flavors home with a purchase of their favorite bottle at the California Wine Room.
Musical Offerings: At SeaWorld’s California Flavors (located just east of the Explorer’s Reef™ arrival experience), the California Sound Stage will be brimming with Southern California entertainment featuring local bands. Lighter musical sounds will ring out from the French Sound Stage, located at French Flavors. The sweet melodies will indulge guests as local bands put their spin on the classic continental café.
The SeaWorld Seven Seas Food Festival dates are May 7–8, 14–15, 21–22, 28–30, June 4–5 and 11–12. All of SeaWorld’s seasonal events are included with park admission, but the best way to enjoy all the fun is to purchase a 2016 SeaWorld Fun Card, which costs $10 less than single-day admission and guests can visit all year.
In addition to the Seven Seas Food Festival, other upcoming seasonal events include Summer Nights (select dates May 28 – Sep. 5), Summer Vibes presented by Coca Cola (select dates June 25–Aug. 14), SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular® (weekends Sept. 24 – Oct. 30); and SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration® (Nov. 18, 2016 – Jan. 1, 2017).
SeaWorld is open year-round including holidays. Parking is $16; $11 for motorcycles; $21 for RVs and Up-Close. Admission is $89 for ages 10 and older; $83 for ages 3–9; free for under 3. Park hours vary by season. Visit www.SeaWorldSanDiego.com or call (800) 257-4268 for hours and information.